BERRY CHOCOLATE CAKE (Paleo recipe)
Total time: 50-55 minutes; yield: 10 slices
- 120 g (4.5 oz) ground hazelnuts or almonds
- 40 g (1.5 oz) coconut flour
- 3 med eggs
- 30 ml (1 fl oz) coconut oil
- 3 tbs runny honey (level)
- 100 ml (3.5 fl oz) unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tbs (level) reduced-fat cocoa powder
- 24 servings pure stevia (check container for serving equivalent)
- 150 g (5.5 oz) creamed coconut (this is the solid version, not the same as coconut cream)
- 700 g (25 oz) fresh strawberries (or other fruit)
- 12 servings stevia
1. Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F / gas mark 4).
2. Separate the eggs and beat egg whites (soft peaks).
3. Combine the ingredients for the base thoroughly (yolks only at this stage; you may need to melt the coconut oil).
4. Gently fold egg whites into the mixture.
5. Transfer the mixture into a non-stick baking tray and bake for about 30 min, then allow to cool.
6. For the topping, cut the creamed coconut into small pieces and melt on very low heat. Blend the melted creamed coconut with 400 g of strawberries and 12 servings of stevia, and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes (or until it's set).
7. Apply the topping onto the chocolate base once completely cool and decorate with the rest of the strawberries.
If you have an autoimmune disorder and would like to learn from world-class experts how to develop a nurturing mindset, deal with stress, anxiety, chronic pain, and resolve emotional trauma to help you heal faster, check out this FREE online conference!